Saturday, May 3, 2008

5 - There's one of those in the morning now?

If you can name that quote, you get a bonus.

It's 5:20 am.

5:20

AM

What the?

Natalie and I are still in our respective spots in the living room. Laptops out, lights on, air conditioner blowing elegantly as it does.

It's amazing the things being up so early in the morning can make you do.

Like deciding maybe we want to rent a house in Lake Elsinore, they're cheap. Hey! There's a 4 bedroom house in Victorville for $1050! Let's move there!

Seriously?

Well, on early morning brain. Most definitely! On somewhat coherent and awake brain... absolutely not. We aren't moving away. We couldn't do it. Why is rent MORE in San Bernardino, Fontana, and ghetto places than Riverside? Riverside is pretty nice compared to a lot of places. Am I living in a fog here? Is Riverside the new South Central or something?

Another amazing early morning discovery. Minus hates screeching noise. How do I know this? Well... I'm not sure why, but I decided to see how high I could screech. No, not in tune with Mariah Carey this time, though she is great and definitely the best singer to sing along to ever.. just for fun. As high and annoying as possible. It didn't scare Meow Meow the scaredy cat... but Minus ran and looked around as if the place were on fire. He then turned and gave me 'the look.' I didn't even know cats knew how to give 'the look.'

We locked Meow Meow out to be social and on one of Minus' chasing activities... (which I joined in, of course, because Meow Meow's no fun,) he turned the corner, ran full speed and stopped instantly as he found himself face to face with the backside of my laptop screen. At the moment of his stop, he simultaneously shot straight up into the air about three feet. Natalie died laughing as I crumbled to the floor. Minus scurried onto the arm of the couch. That cat. He is always doing something funny. What other cat straddles the arm of the couch and sleeps the way Minus does? (If you need a refresher: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=288340637&albumId=658867)

Anyhow, being up this early in the morning makes you crazy. But I can't sleep! It seems I'm eternally damned to be exhausted and not get on a normal schedule. At least tonight I'm not alone.

On a more serious note... things are changing. I'm frustrated and mad, yet not frustrated and not mad. I feel like all of my feelings are conflicting at the moment. I feel lost but indifferent and calm and lost. Did I mention I feel lost? Why is it so hard to be content when you feel like something is right? I didn't even do this... but it had to be done.

Darn all the complications. Will somebody just be nice to me already? Is that too much to ask for?

Crazed Cave Dweller out.

No comments: