Sunday, May 4, 2008

Peace

Some days I wake up feeling so peaceful that it confuses me. I haven't stepped outside yet, but from the light flowing through the closed blinds I can tell it's a beautiful day. Something about it makes me want to be in the midst of all that sun and clean air. Ok, not really clean air since this is Riverside, but as close as it comes.

Brooke Fraser's Arithmetic is the song playing in the background right now, that could be adding to the peace. Zipadeedoodah came on too. I don't care what you say. That is one of the happiest songs in creation. How can you not smile and want to whistle when you hear it?

Something about days like today make me want to create. To envision something new. To ride a bike. To go sit on a blanket at the park and hang with friends in the shade of some beautiful tree. One of God's greatest creations, in my opinion. That last one is the most probable as I am not particularly creative. Something about that analytical math brain doesn't translate well to art. The envisioning? It's possible while the air outside is clear perhaps my brain is too clouded. Riding a bike? Ha. It sounds wonderful. Two problems. A) I don't own a bike. B) Me? Exercise? Lately that's a rare occurance. I know, I know... I really should. Pilates is still waiting... a glorious, magical exercise.

Natalie brought chrysanthemums home from Trader Joe's last week and placed them in cute strawberry cups on our coffee table. Did you know that they've found that having flowers in the home greatly increases one's happiness and contentment with their surroundings? I was never a big "bring me flowwwwwwers" girl, but I'm digging having flowers around. I buy it.

I still feel like a loser for having gotten so far behind in school that I really can't catch up, except in one class. That professor is awesome. If you ever end up at CSUSB, take Dr. Negin for your upper division expository writing requirement.

Peace Freak out.

No comments: