Saturday, November 1, 2008

Love Story

I may never be someone's Juliet.  Someone probably won't say, "I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress."  But love stories still exist, right?  

I refuse to believe that they're just some sort of extravagant fairy tale.  I believe relationships take work.  But I believe in love.  The love God has given me has shown me that true, real love exists.  No, a human can't love in the same capacity that God can... but that love God has given me convinces me that He wants more for us.  He wants us to love on a different level.  He wants us to pour love on someone.  It only makes sense that that person He has for us would want to pour love back on us, right?  Someone who will choose you above everything else.

Is a truly godly family outdated?  Is the idea of chasing after what God has for you wholeheartedly obsolete?  We all make mistakes, but the underlying desire to do what's right... is it still alive here on earth?

I say it has to be.  I choose to believe in love.  I choose to believe that God knows what's best for me.  Yes, even when it hurts.  Even when it's hard.  Even when it doesn't make sense to me.  And still, in those moments, that is what I want.

In this moment, that is all I want.

No comments: