Saturday, September 27, 2008

Marriage and Family

A lot of my old high school friends have recently gotten married.  It is their custom to create a "couple" blog almost instantly.  In viewing one of my recently married friend's pages, I saw the plethora of links to other couples' sites on the right panel.  A couple quick clicks and I was informed that many other people I graduated with were married with three kids already!  A few of them had a child starting kindergarten.  It made me feel kind of old for a minute.  Isn't it amazing how five years can make such a difference?  That is the length of time it takes most people to finish a bachelor's degree presently.  It is also the amount of time it takes to raise a child ready to begin kindergarten.  Something about the equivalency of those time frames seems off to me, like there's no way they could possibly be equal.  Mommy and Me is a while off for this gal.

No comments: